Thursday, May 24, 2012

You Know You're Right…You Really Are

How often do we seek validation? To what extent do we seek it? How do we know where to draw the line?
I don't know how it happened, but I realised, I sought it in music, which is quite alright, and a television show. Now isn't that just a little sad…

I have to admit, it was quite freaky. The same situation played out exactly the same. And then you wait for the scene to be played out like it has to and then you feel a sense of vindication. You weren't the only one to make those choices, say those words or feel that way.
I got disappointed when the story arc didn't end the way it did for me. It made me feel like I made the wrong decisions. Being told by a badly written tv show that you're wrong is quite possibly the lowest you can sink in terms of self-worth.

But the bigger picture lies in the fact that we as human beings always feel the need to be reassured, at some level or the other. That in itself isn't a big deal. But how much we let it affect us and our judgement is the question.
I think I started depending on music as a source of validation that I stopped creating any of my own. And I didn't even realise till I started making music again. As far as the tv show is concerned, circumstances let that ebb soon enough.

I guess at the end of the day, we just have to be content with who we are and the choices we've made, and have faith that at a certain level, we have control and everything will make sense one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment