Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sober

Tomorrow's the big day...I'm taking the GRE again. It's funny how people come up to you and ask you the one question that you can't possibly answer, the one question that you ask yourself any idle moment you get - "Are you prepared?" or the more commonly used variant, "How's the preparation?"
How does one possibly answer that question. There's no right answer....there's no honest answer. You're left with no exit strategy besides mild humor followed by an abrupt (and rather obvious) change of subject...but that can also be fun sometimes. But only sometimes..
My sloth-radius is rather small this time around. I've only cluttered one side of my rather small double-bed (I still have no clue to what king-sized, queen-sized, aces-sized really means). But I think the computer-based format of the test and the internet in general are to blame for that...at least I'm still wearing pants

I haven't even binged on cigarettes in a while,  I think since the last party on the roof. A couple of times I haven't enjoyed till I got myself something to drink alongside..I'll get to figure this out tomorrow. Two words, no three - birthday pool party! hahaha! Coming back to the point, I feel....in a funny sort of way, tamed...like I've sobered down. I drink every chance I get. Yeah, I like my alcohol and there's no shame in that. But I, for the life of me, can't get drunk anymore! Am I just subconsciously drinking responsibly or has my body just stopped responding to liquor in a large manner? I went for this house party at a friend's place and there's only one way to describe it- Isane! I drank more than I probably ever have. Result? Sober. It's astounding. I can't seem to explain it. Let's just hope that's not part of the desensitization, because that would be a bitch.



P.S It's been 2 years, I still can't stop tripping on Zephyretta. If Them Clones ever did one right thing, it was this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment