Sunday, December 5, 2010

Make This Go On Forever?

I was never into playlists. I just had this one large list of about 300 songs and I'd play that to shuffle. Every song on that meant the same. Happy, sad, soft, hard - it was all the same. 
Then came states of euphoria and heartache. They're not too happy with just about any song, no sir. They needed special tracks just for them, just to highlight their presence and just maybe elevate their significance. 
In that sense, I feel that not having a playlist signifies an equilibrium. A sate of calmness where everything is good. Any song works for you. 
But after switching to the playlist system, it can also mean utter chaos. You don't know what you want to listen to, so you cycle through everything you got- hoping you'll hit the sweet spot.

Is it just me or does life work like that too? The minute you know what you like and what you want, you know you're old and ready to be screwed by the man.
 
Sometimes everything seems aimless, sometimes nothing does. I don't know which is worse 

No comments:

Post a Comment